Meaning : Reproductive Tissue
System carrier : The Reproductive System
Action : PRAJANANA (GARBHA UTPAADANA or CREATING ANOTHER LIFE) Shukra Dhatu allows us to produce another life. The term “Shukra” stands for “Seed” specifically here the sperm or the ovum in women and all reproductive fluids in general. When it is insufficient, it causes a general lack of creativity in life and specifically, Impotency and Infertility.
It provides Energy, Strength and Stamina for the entire body and upholds the autoimmune function. The reproductive fluid gives light to the eyes and inspiration to the soul.
Originates from : Testes or the Uterus
Waste Product – No waste Product
Cause of Shukra Dhatu Disorders –
- Unhealthy & unbalanced food combinations,
- Use of chemical spermicidal,
- Engaging in sexual intercourse in the Mid afternoon or Midnight,
- Engaging in sex soon after consuming food
- Experiencing couple of orgasms in one night,
- Experiencing sex during menses,
- Experiencing intense sex while under the influence of intoxicants & drugs,
- Experiencing violent sex in unhealthy positions,
- Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, or Herpes,
- Over indulgence in sexual activity (can also be thought driven),
- Physical or surgical trauma,
- Practicing tantrik sexual practices without proper guidance,
- Retention of ejaculation,
MIND – Stress & Worry.
Symptoms of Shukra Dhatu Disorders –
- Increased desire for sex,
- Preoccupation with sex,
- Excessive semen flow with increased prostatic secretions but low sperm content,
- Premature ejaculation,
- Multiple Cystic Ovaries,
- Premature Orgasm,
- Multiple Orgasms
- Fear of sex,
- Low Libido,
- Pain during Coitus,
- Low Sperm count,
- No Ovulation,
- Primary Sterility.
- Loss of Energy,
- Low Libido,
- Premature Ejaculation
- Multiple Miscarriages,
- Sensitive Nipples,
- Tender Breasts,
- Poor Lactation,
- Painful Ovaries,
- Vaginitis, Fungal Infection of the Vagina
- 1. Prostatic Calculi,
- 2. Testicle Tumor,
- 3. Testicle swelling,
- 4. Hydrocele,
- 5. Ovarian Cyst,
- 6. Pseudo Pregnency,
- 7. Tubular Pregnency.
Shukra Dhatu Balancing Recommendations –
Factors that Disturb the Dhatu –
- Excessive sexual activity soon after consuming food,
- Frequent Child Birth,
- Carbonated Beverages,
- Baking Soda,
- Unwholesome foods lacking in nutrition,
- Inadequate food intake,
- Inadequate sleep.
- Mental & Emotional Stress,
Lifestyle & Dietary factors to favour balance of Dhatu –
- Practice moderate sexual activity,
- Go to bed before 10 pm,
- Eat nurturing foods like Dates & Date shakes,
- Fresh Fruits Vegetables,
- Fresh Aspharagus 2 – 3 times a week,
- Mangoes in the season, Mango Milk shakes,
- Fresh steamed Juicy Pears & Apples (steamed for Vata constitutions) at least 3 – 4 times a week.
Treatment Herbs – Ashwagandha + Kapikacchu (Please do not try get into self treatment. Consult an expert Vaidya)
Other Treatments – Foods and herbs that increase the reproductive fluids are Dairy products, Nuts, Eggs & Shellfish. Rejuvenative herbs like Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Bala, & Shatavari can be consumed with benefitial effects. Sexual abstinence can also cure this problem. Sexual supression should not be forced on oneself.
Marma Chikitsa – Guda Anguli ( Around Anus), Kukundara ( On each post.sup. lilac.spine) Marmas can be treated by using specific mantras and using specific oils. treatment methods as per need.